This is BIG.
Safe Routes to School Project
Making streets safe for the most vulnerable road users. #equityintransit #equitabletransportation #equitableaccess
The purpose of this project is to support Safe Routes to School (SRTS) safety and access improvements by implementing traffic calming measures on Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue between Prospect Avenue and Comstock Street. The project Design and Construction cost is funded by federal funds administered through NJDOT Local Aid Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program and Design Assistance.
PROPOSED PROJECT LIMITS AND IMPROVEMENTS MAY INCLUDE:
- Installing mini-roundabouts at the intersections of:
- Fourth Avenue & Prospect Avenue
- Fourth Avenue & Bridge Street
- Fourth Avenue & Pine Street
- Fourth Avenue & Comstock Street
- Third Avenue & Prospect Avenue
- Installing Driver Feedback (Your Speed Is) signs at the intersections of:
- Fourth Avenue & Central Avenue
- Fourth Avenue & Jeffrey Street
- Third Avenue & Central Avenue
- Third Avenue & Bridge Street
- Installation of a four-way stop at Third Avenue & Comstock Street
- Removal of the Existing Traffic Signal at Third Avenue & Pine Street
- Shared lane markings / bicycle lanes on Third Avenue (between Ridge Avenue and Memorial Drive)
ANTICIPATED PROJECT SCHEDULE:
Design Phase Completed: 2022
VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING INFORMATION FOR WEDNESDAY 12/15/21:
The City of Asbury Park will hold a Public Information Center (PIC) to provide local residents and businesses with information on the 2018 SRTS Asbury Park – Traffic Calming, Bike and Pedestrian Safety Upgrades, Third Ave & Fourth Ave between Prospect Avenue and Comstock Street project. You are encouraged to actively participate by providing comments at the meeting, by mail, or by email.
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
From 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Brief Presentation at 6:05 PM and 7:05 PM
The purpose of the meeting is to provide an opportunity for input on the project. The Public Information Center will be held online:
Participate on a Computer / Smart Phone:
– OR –
Participate by Telephone:
Call In Number: +1 (631) 992-3221
Access Code: 962-301-191
You will have an opportunity to review exhibits, ask questions and discuss any concerns. Property owners with rental units are advised that tenants are also invited and encouraged to participate.
PUBLIC COMMENT DUE BY 1/5/2022:
If you are unable to participate in the public meeting on 12/15/21 or want to provide comments after the meeting, please click here to provide comment by January 5, 2022.